Elementary School, Freebies, Language, Materials, Musings, Therapy Ideas

Language Sample Analysis in 4 Easy Steps

1. Krista says:

This is an awesome idea! Definitely a time saver! Thank you!

2. Ann Welker says:

Thank you so much! I’ve been using Microsoft Word for language sampling but didn’t know there was a word count feature. Also, your checklist is just what I’ve been looking for, quick to use but also comprehensive.

3. Amy says:

So simple, but never thought to use it and will save major time! Thanks!

4. Mrs T says:

Thanks for this tip. I am a google docs user, and you prompted me to check and see if google docs has a similar feature. Yes, it does!

Thanks for the checklist also!

5. AbbyG says:

Great idea to use Word to quickly measure MLU! And this checklist helps me ensure that I include everything on my analysis. I just used it today for a 3-year-old I am evaluating. Thanks so much for sharing!

Abby
    Schoolhouse Talk

6. Robin says:

Love it. I don’t have the Word software so I am trying it with Pages. Seems to work in a similar way. Thank you. 😀

7. Elizabeth says:

Language samples provide so much information and are, unfortunately, often overlooked. Thanks for your time saving hints. I just purchased SALT (Systematic Analysis of Language Transcripts) software and am loving it. I use it with my K through 12 students. It is so helpful.

8. Nancy Runyon says:

Hi, I have been on a search for updated predicted MLU norms with standard deviations so that I can calculate the standard deviations from the mean on my language samples. Do you have anything you use?

9. LALA says:

Can you include how to calculate the SD for each age?

10. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this post. You are very gifted, and I’m amazed at how you made something complex seem simple.