AAC, Materials, Therapy Ideas

Increasing AAC Core Vocabulary Carryover

1. Betsy says:

Are your core vocabulary sheets available someplace?

2. I love these ideas! Thanks so much for sharing them…the idea of attaching it to the ipad is awesome!

Chris

3. Tracey says:

Are you going to be offering the Increasing AAC Core Vocabulary Carryover in your TpT store?

• Shannon says:

I hope to! The ones I use now use screenshots from Proloquo2Go so I wouldn’t be able to sell them. I hope to switch it all over using Smarty Symbols and uploading for sale in the next few months, along with some AAC handouts! Thanks for asking!

4. Kimberly says:

Thank you for the great ideas. One question, what are your thoughts about using symbols on low tech boards/classroom visuals… that are not exactly the same as what is on a person’s proloquo2go/ device? For example, I use Boardmaker to make therapy and classroom activities but my students all use proloquo2go. Students are being exposed to the Boardmaker Educational Solutions as well.

• Shannon says:

I still think it’s great! It’s not always possible to get symbols to match, especially with the variety of apps and devices available. I think my kids usually have an easier time with this than me 🙂

5. Lori says:

I was so happy to find your blog through the slp tpt store today. I am new to working with students using AAC. Are there videos anywhere that I could watch of your low-tech sheets (or other’s) being used. I get overwhelmed seeing all of options out there and then don’t know where to start with my students. I am very excited to get started! Thank you!

6. Katy says:

I love this idea! I have a student with a fairly new device and I am trying my best to teach core vocabulary. I love the way you have this set up. Is the core vocabulary sheet available somewhere?

7. Lisa says:

What does your core vocabulary sheet say down the left side? Is this your level of cuing?

• Shannon says:

It says something like, “Please help us practice by using these words as much as possible throughout the week!”

8. Diana Angeles says:

Hello, I really like your data sheets for core words. However, I am having a hard time understanding how to get a percentage to write on the progress reports or goals. For example, many of my kids have goals that they will learn 10 core words with 80% accuracy and minimum cues. How can you get that information from the data sheets you made?

9. Heather says:

This is a fantastic post! I am a parent of a child using Proloquo2go. He just started a month or so ago. I am really worried about regression over the summer so I was searching for ways to carryover at home. Do you happen to have any videos to show demonstrating how you teach parents to implement at home?

10. Kelly says:

Hi Shannon,

Are your core vocabulary data sheets available for download or purchase?