My summer has been flying by over here. I can’t believe it’s mid-July already! I’ve been doing more reading this summer than I’ve ever done before and I’m loving it. I thought I’d share out some of my favorites so far, my top recommendations, and some that are still on my reading list for the next month!
1) Uniquely Human – To be honest, I read this book a while ago but if you haven’t, you must add it to your list this summer! It’s a great read on autism and I agree with the message as a whole.
2) Tribe of Mentors – My husband and I did a read-aloud of this book and it is incredibly interesting. The author, Timothy Ferriss, interviewed “the best in the world” about topics such as failure, overwhelm, habits, and general advice. The questions asked are different and intriguing and the people interviewed are fascinating.
3) The Sweet Spot – This was the first book I read when I decided to start my SLP Thrive email series. From the book, it is about “how to find your groove at home and work” and it’s a must read if you’re interested in personal development. My copy is filled with highlighted sections and Post-It notes. I reference it frequently!
4) In the Company of Women – I recently picked this book up from Target and love reading it when I have a few minutes. It is basically short interviews of a wide variety of women about their inspiration and advice. It would be a great before bed read because the interviews are only a few pages each and they’re all super interesting and different. Also I’m super weird but this book just feels good. The cover is ridged and the pages are squeaky.
5) The Untethered Soul – This is a book I’ve been reading slowly for a few months. It is amazing… seriously. It can be quite dense so I take frequent breaks but it really has changed the way I think so I’d recommend it wholeheartedly.
6) Born a Crime – I’m traveling to South Africa next month so definitely HAD to read this to get a better feel of the history and culture there. A great read overall!
7) Braving the Wilderness – I’ve really enjoyed reading books from Brene Brown. This was probably my favorite of all of them, but definitely check out her other books if this one interests you!
All of the Amazon links above are affiliate links. That means, if you decide to purchase through the link, I may receive a small fee. I only ever recommend products on my site that I use and believe in. Promise!
I also don’t buy all of my books from my reading list on Amazon. I frequently buy from used book stores. I also have a Kindle and rent ebooks and audiobooks from my local library! Definitely try that if you don’t already – my library has sooo many books available in a wide variety of formats.
Thanks for reading! I’d LOVE to hear your book recommendations! I’m always looking for more for my reading list! <3