This is my second to last post in my series of posts primarily directed towards current or soon-to-be SLP graduate students! Check out the other posts here.
This post contains my FIVE favorite resource websites that YOU should be using NOW!
1) Pinterest: This is REALLY general but start following speech people/companies on Pinterest. You will start accumulating some amazing ideas that will be so helpful to look back on. I would recommend you start a Speech & Language Board (or boards) for yourself and keep track of your favorite ideas. Below is a list of my recommendations for who to follow. Please note that there are hundreds of amazing speech pinners/boards, but below are the largest/best in my opinion!
Pediastaff: By far, my favorite collection of boards on Pinterest!
SOS Inc. Resources: Another HUGE collection of boards/pins.
Speech-Language Therapy Blog Posts: An amazing, collaborative board where many popular SLP bloggers pin links to their posts. Follow this board to stay up to date with great ideas from your favorite bloggers in on easy place!
2) Bloglovin’: Do you love reading SLP blogs? Do you wish it wasn’t so overwhelming? Bloglovin’ to the rescue! Follow all of your favorite SLP blogs in one place. Following blogs on Facebook works great too (but some people don’t like their personal lives getting mixed in with their speech lives!). Seriously, if you haven’t, check out Bloglovin’ NOW. You can follow me here.
3) Teachers Pay Teachers: Graduate school is hard. There will be weeks you feel like you can’t breathe, or sleep, or function. You will continue to have client sessions. This is when Teachers Pay Teachers will save.your.life. Sign up now. Begin downloading and organizing great freebies you find into folders on your computer. If you have a session coming up and you can’t stand the thought of spending hours upon hours prepping materials, purchase one on Teachers for Teachers for HALF of what you might spend in a big box store. SO many SLPs have been making & selling materials on TpT which means you should be able to find anything you’re looking for! Which seriously comes in handy when pulling an all-nighter to make an entire language packet for a storybook doesn’t sound appealing. When you sign up for an account, you can start ‘following’ your favorite SLP bloggers to get updates about when they add products! DO IT NOW.
PS: You can see my freebies here. I totally get the no money thing.
PPS: That hasn’t stopped me from desperately purchasing materials when I just want to go to bed.
4) Speaking of Speech – Materials Exchange: So while we are on the subject of materials, bookmark this one! Speaking of Speech has TONS of free, downloadable materials. They are well organized and cover a huge variety of target skills. Some of these materials saved me during grad school!
5) Last but not least, is Mommy Speech Therapy. I’ve mentioned this website before in a few of my posts, but it is worth mentioning again! If you have an artic client, you will love this website. It has cards for each speech sound! FOR FREE. These cards can be used in so many ways and are great to laminate and keep forever! For more information on phonological or articulation disorders, check out the sister site, Little Bee Speech. There are gorgeous downloads including an articulation screener, data tracker, and a therapy log.
So there you have it! If you’re looking for more, I have an entire tab devoted to great online resources. Check it out here.
As always, THANKS for reading! You are all wonderful. If you have other resources, PLEASE leave them in the comments! I’d love to add to my growing list!
Get access to freebies, quarterly sales, and a stellar community of SLPs!
Sweet! I'll be in your inbox in a moment to get to know you better and give you my favorite resources & freebies!