Articulation, Language, Materials, Therapy Ideas

EASY Speech and Language Summer Homework

1. Jenna says:

Such a wonderful idea! I would love to do something like this but am afraid parents would just trash everything. I hate to “waste” money. A few students and families would definitely practice and enjoy the idea 🙂

• Shannon says:

Thank you! I am lucky to be part of a school district with a very active parent community! Most parents asked for summer homework so I decided to do it for everybody! I would hate putting effort in for it to get thrown away though too!

2. Becca says:

Hey Shannon, love your ideas and the heart behind them all. I have a few artic students that don’t have their sounds well enough to practice at home. Two kindergarteners with lateralized stridents and a few students working on vocalic r. They can get their sounds with a lot of support from me, but practicing independently they just don’t have it. I worry about sending material home for practice and them practicing incorrectly. What are your thoughts?

• Shannon says:

I, personally, do not send homework home for those students because I don’t want them practicing the incorrect production over and over. Hope that helps!

3. Keli says:

Where did you find your little bags to send everything home in? Gallon size ziplock bags aren’t quite big enough to hold the papers.

4. Melissa says:

I love everything about this idea! The links are oh so helpful! Thank you for the idea!

5. Mindi Kunz says:

I really love this idea after trying several different things over the years. One question, do you provide any incentive for kids who return their packet?

• Shannon says:

I was not returning to this school for the following year (I was contracted) so I did not, however think that would be a fantastic idea!