Freebies, Graduate School

Make It Look Good! Organizational Freebie

Because I’m still in graduate school, I won’t pretend to know anything about organizing materials for a school based SLP, BUT I do have a pretty good system for myself in school!

Overview: I use one or two binders for all of my classwork. I either put all of them in one binder, or separate for MWF & TTh. This year, I’m putting everything in one binder! (see the picture below)

image

Then, I also keep a separate clinic binder where I keep data and materials.I ALWAYS have a running to-do list of everything I need to do. I wouldn’t survive without my planner! For the first couple weeks, I have to weirdly carry my schedule around with me as well.

photo (2)

I do have a planner but because I’m obsessed with to-do lists and schedules, I usually use another week at a glance form as well.

photo (3)

I’ve created a FREEBIE that I think is adorable to help YOU stay organized as well! It includes everything I use to help stay organized during graduate school (and all of the forms I showed above). While I think it’s perfect for graduate students, I promise that I didn’t forget the rest of you. I made sure to make it perfect for SLPs or anyone looking for some cute, organizational pages.

First, I included 5 different binder covers (shown below). They come in 5 fun colors! Use then for your class/clinic binders! Just write in the name of the class in the white space. Feel free to add text on the PDF and print that way too!

Slide05  Slide03

I also included inserts for the spine of the binders as well. Again, easy to just write in the name of the class/subject.

Next, I made a fun to-do list to keep track of what needs to get done! I have this one divided up in “School”, “Clinic”, “Personal”, and “Other” categories. BUT, I also included one with blank titles for those of you who would like it divided differently!

Next up is a schedule! Fill in at the beginning of the semester (or whenever your schedule changes) to keep track of when you need to be certain places. I’ll be printing off several of these because my schedule never stays the same for the whole semester…

I’ve also included a week at a glance form. It’s pretty self explanatory! If you can’t see it, the bottom contains a section for important meetings/assignments/tests, and notes as well as a small to-do box.

Last, there is an included poster! This has been one of my favorite quotes to get through graduate school.

What do you think?? Can you tell I love that aqua color? 🙂 I REALLY love how these turned out and I hope you do too!

You can download this product FOR FREE in my Teachers Pay Teachers store here. While you are there, you should consider following my store for updates when I upload new and exciting products!

And if you need binders, this is an AWESOME deal. It’s usually around $11 for 4 binders and they have the wonderful clear sleeves on the front and spines for your new, pretty binder covers!

Amazon Affiliate links are provided for your convenience!

Thanks for reading!

Like freebies? Sign up in the box below to get exclusive freebies sent straight to your inbox! You’ll get TWO in the first week!

FREE Book Lists

Subscribe to download this FREE resource, perfect for sending home!

Powered by ConvertKit

Jenna
    August 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Thanks for thinking up! This is wonderful! If you’re organized NOW, that’s a good trend for when you have your own speech room!

August 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Thanks for hosting, Jenna! These are so much fun. I love reading all of the posts!

CC
    August 23, 2013 at 10:28 PM

These are awesome!!!

August 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Thank you so much!!! 🙂

Mary
    August 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I’m impressed with how organized you are! It will make organizing your caseload a lot easier when you get out in the field!

August 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thank you!! 🙂 I really hope it translates that way!

Kristen
    August 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Shannon,

I LOVE your freebies! I downloaded the binder cover etc but when I added Text to the one I picked out it won’t let me add Text larger than 24 font in adobe? I tried converting it to a word doc so that I could add a text box and its password protected. Is there a way around this? I would love a large cute girly font because I don’t like my handwriting enough to write it in. 🙂 Thanks again!

Kristen!

August 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Weird! Send me an email to speechymusings@gmail.com and I can send you a different version! 🙂

Alex
    January 27, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I downloaded this file but I’m unable to add text any bigger than a size 24 because it’s password protected. Do you know of any way around this?

January 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Email me at speechymusings@gmail.com and I can send it in Powerpoint format if that’s easier!

M
    May 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM

LOVE the binder cover and matching pages.
    Quick question…. I noticed all the other pages, like the ‘To-Do’, ‘My schedule’, and ‘Week at a Glance’ are all outlined in the teal/aqua color.
    Do you have any that are outlined in the pink color instead? I didn’t see them when I downloaded your file and just wanted to check because I absolutely LOVE the gray and pink together!
    Thanks!

June 16, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I do not… sorry!! Maybe in a future set 🙂

catherine
      April 23, 2016 at 5:43 PM

I also NEED pink ones!

Bobbie
    November 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Hi! Your binder covers & spines are adorable! What program do you use to create them?? THANKS!!

November 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Powerpoint!

Candice
    February 23, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Hi, I downloaded the freebie. I am extremely excited about this as I attempt to become more organized 🙂
    When I try to enter any text it won’t let me…any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Tamara
    March 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

I LOVE your binder covers and organization! It says that you can type on the cover what you want, but it won’t let me do it unless I have a version of Adobe that I have to pay for. Is there a way that you could send me one that isn’t protected?

March 29, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I have another free editable version in my store if you search for it! Thanks for your question!

Julia
    June 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Awesome and cute designs but how am I supposed to add text and also what are the name/names of the different fonts that you used throughout the version that is online on your store?? Thanks! 🙂

Natalie
      August 7, 2015 at 12:42 PM

I added text in Adobe Reader. If you click Fill & Sign on the upper right corner, there is an option to add text. Hope this helps:)

Julia
        August 24, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Thank you Natalie! I figured out a way weeks before but thank you for the consideration! 🙂

Kelsey
    July 15, 2015 at 11:58 PM

This is just what I need! Thank you so much! It only took me 4 years of college to figure out I need something like this. You are a life saver. =)

Natalie
    August 7, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this free printable! This is the second year I’m using it for my school binder.

shari
    August 13, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Exactly what I needed! Thank you!

Renee
    September 4, 2015 at 4:35 PM

HI i really love you’re designs, they are amazing! I was just wondering what font you used when you edited them in adobe reader

September 4, 2015 at 5:14 PM

I’m honestly not sure of the specific font (sorry!) but I do know it’s something from Kimberly Geswein fonts (available for free for personal use on TpT).

Our Weekly Homeschool Schedule
    September 14, 2015 at 2:05 PM

[…] Here is another planning page we liked too from Shannon at SpeechyMusings.com […]

16. […] out how blogger The Wife Life did it by herself, as well as Speechy Musings with some great […]

Lindsay
    June 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Hi! I love the binder covers but it won’t let me edit the pdf in order to add text to personalize it. It says I need to enter a password to unlock the file…what do you suggest? also what font did you use?

June 16, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store for an EDITABLE freebie of the same thing! 🙂

T Lewis
    July 24, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Hi! I love how organized yet cute everything is! How did you make first template the my schedule daily/weekly template? I simply just need one for my college classes and I’ve had trouble making my own on websites and such lol. Yours is perfect for mine, but wanted to make a few adjustments. Thanks!

July 25, 2016 at 8:29 AM