Story grammar is an evidence-based strategy to help your students better comprehend narratives AND write their own! This packet includes three levels to guide your students through learning each story grammar part, better understanding story organization, using transition words as keywords, and identifying story grammar parts in narratives and their own stories.
This packet is FULL of visuals, posters, checklists, and even a self-rating rubric. Below are the contents by level:
• Story grammar parts posters (one poster for each part)
• Example story grammar parts cards
• Match it worksheet for progress monitoring
• Beginning/middle/end posters and visuals
• Narrative plot diagram posters
• Transition word slips to sort onto beginning/middle/end posters or visuals
• Match it worksheets for progress monitoring
• 15 black and white, printable narratives with guiding activities on each
• Graphic organizers
• Story grammar checklists
• Carryover visuals
• Self-rating rubric
For each level, I included learning objectives and directions for use including activity ideas.
I’ve also included the following helpful bonus pages:
• Information on the evidence base for teaching story grammar parts as a reading comprehension strategy
• Example story grammar goals
• Ideas for progress monitoring with this packet
• Prompting questions for each story grammar part
To get a better feel for how I use this product and what is included, check out my blog post about how I teach story grammar with tons of example pictures by clicking here.
And, it now includes a Google Slides™️ version so that you can more easily add text boxes and more!
Want to learn more about story elements and story grammar? Click here to read my top therapy tips, see example goals, and read a few of my favorite research articles!
Feel free to email the Speechy Musings team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
☟ Let’s stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟