Sometimes searching on Teachers Pay Teachers can be absolutely overwhelming. It’s nice to search by top rated products or best sellers, but I know there has to be less popular products that others love and use all of the time. Those products can be so hard to find!!
Below are my favorite four products from other TpT sellers:
1) Structured Sentence Building from Queen’s Speech: I LOVE using this product to expand sentence length and work on answering WH questions. They are also great to target basic vocabulary! My students love them, they are easy to prep, and black & white. Doesn’t get much better than that!
2) Alphabet File Folder Songs for Basic Language by Super Power Speech: I use this product every day. There are so many songs in this product and they all target a variety of language skills. Not only that but they are engaging and my students love (and thrive on) interactive materials. I love that CC has thought of everything including file folder tab labels. I keep these all in a file folder bin and grab and go! Love, love, love these!! (and definitely check out her other file folder song products!)
3) Tackling Apraxia: CV and CVC Early Sounds Edition by Mia McDaniel: Ugh flashcards ugh flashcards and ugh flashcards. My kiddos do not like flashcards and are not fooled by flashcards disguised with cute graphics. While flashcards can be great for their ease of use, they are not that functional and certainly not fun. This product is the best because it is motivating while maintaining a heavy emphasis on drill. AND it gets a ton of trials in each session, because my kiddos are having so much fun! Stop buying flashcards and check out this product instead!!! Pretty much every apraxic kiddo I’ve worked with has loved this product.
4) Match It Quick by Speech Therapy with Courtney Gragg: You know a product is great when a kid comes in saying “That looks super boring and I won’t like it” and leaves saying “That game was the best!”. This product will do that. It is played the same as Spot It!, the popular game in circular metal tins but with a variety of articulation sounds targeted. It’s great for those kiddos that are doing great in highly structured environments but aren’t quite generalizing completely yet. She has them for a variety of sounds so definitely check out her store!
1) WH Questions Binder: I love this product because it is interactive (with small, Velcro-ed icons) and targets WH questions in a much more functional way than flashcards (can you tell I hate flashcards?). Additionally, there is a huge teaching component to this product which makes it great for kiddos who are struggling to grasp the concept.
2) Interactive Book Attachments Bundle: I realized that with many of my younger students, one of the biggest struggles when reading books was getting them to attend and synthesize the information. Using a book companion packet is fairly useless when the student was paying little attention to the actual book. So, I created the interactive book attachments that attach to the backs of common children’s picture books and provide a sentence strip to describe what is happening in the book. My kiddos have loved being able to find the icon that matches the page and use the sentence strip to tell me what is happening! It provides good visual support to keep your students successful and motivated!
So there you have SIX of my speech room staples. Check out the amazing blogger’s below to see even more products that you just gotta have in your speech room!