Articulation, Language, Materials

Articulation News

One of my first products on Teachers Pay Teachers was Articulation Menus, a fun way to generalize articulation skills and incorporate language skills – perfect for mixed groups. I used that resource all of the time until I decided I needed something similar to mix things up a bit. I came up with Articulation News and it has been just as loved as my Articulation Menus.

Included in this packet is…

TWELVE articulation newspapers! Some examples are below:

Articulation News is one of my newest products, and believe it or not, it's a perfect fit for both articulation and language students. This resource of chockfull of worksheets and games that will reach your students in a variety of ways and help them find success in learning and practicing speech and language skills. Articulation News is one of my newest products, and believe it or not, it's a perfect fit for both articulation and language students. This resource of chockfull of worksheets and games that will reach your students in a variety of ways and help them find success in learning and practicing speech and language skills. Articulation News is one of my newest products, and believe it or not, it's a perfect fit for both articulation and language students. This resource of chockfull of worksheets and games that will reach your students in a variety of ways and help them find success in learning and practicing speech and language skills.

Targeted sounds are as follows:

•/s/
•/s/ blends
•/l/
•/l/ blends
•”th”
•“ch”
•“sh”
•/dz/
•/z/
•Initial /r/
•/r/ blends
•Vocalic /r/

In order to best meet the needs of my (and I’m sure your) diverse caseload, I created a variety of related worksheets targeting both articulation and language skills. Check out some examples below:

Below are some other included activities:

See how easy it is to target both language AND articulation?! My articulation students fill out the worksheet above while my language students answer WH questions about the passage and complete similar language worksheets.

Some of my students do their best work when things are made into games. So I’ve also included game boards and the game shown below. Simply have your students pick a card and answer the prompt. They can earn points based on the color of the card! Or, use the same cards without points with the included game board.

The packet ends with worksheets and prompts for your students to make their own news story! I love checking out laptops from our library and have them take their rough drafts and turn them into printable works of art at the end of the unit.

Are you interested in checking this product out?!

–> Click here to check it out on TpT! <–

Karina J.
    September 17, 2016 at 6:09 PM

I already own this packet and it is awesome. I love that although it is called articulation news, it can be used for language as well. So many options with this packet! Articulation menus are so great too!

September 17, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Thank you!! FYI: If you ever were to win and already owned the product, I’d be happy to send over a similarly priced one instead! 🙂

Kim
      September 18, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Wow what a great idea! I’m a graduate student and would love to incorporate these activities in therapy!

Stacey heney
      September 18, 2016 at 1:38 AM

Your products are always my go-tos!!! They are always exactly what I need!!!!

teachspeech365
    September 17, 2016 at 6:36 PM

I love this idea!!! I have your menus and love them. It’s great that you can use this to target language too!

Kellie
    September 17, 2016 at 7:04 PM

This looks like a great product, and I’ve had those menus on my wish list!

Michelle
    September 17, 2016 at 7:19 PM

This looks like a great product — I am always looking for new things to use to hep with carryover with my students, as well as, reading. I will be adding this to my wish list.

Shelli
    September 17, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Love this packet! I think my middle school students would really enjoy it. What a great way to work on so many goals at one time!

Genevieve
    September 17, 2016 at 9:47 PM

This looks like a great product to use with almost all my students. I like that writing can also be incorporated as well as something to take home and share!

Jana A.
    September 17, 2016 at 10:42 PM

This looks amazing!! I have the perfect group in mind to use it.

Tracey
    September 17, 2016 at 11:15 PM

So creative! I love little to no prep activities!

Kim
    September 18, 2016 at 12:28 AM

Dorothy Rose Smith
    September 18, 2016 at 6:06 AM

I absolutely need this product. I have several mixed groups where the artic kiddos are there to learn generalization skills and this looks like the fun activity that will make it happen. Thanks for putting it together.

Gaby
    September 18, 2016 at 7:48 AM

What a great idea! I also love that there is minimal prep time!

EmilyC
    September 18, 2016 at 9:13 AM

This is wonderful as I struggle to find interesting generalization activities. So many great ideas. I love the game option also.

Julie W.
    September 18, 2016 at 9:15 AM

This product looks perfect for my older students! It’s on my WISH LIST!

Allison Peper
    September 18, 2016 at 12:12 PM

I am really excited about this product!! I’m always looking for new things to use with my 4th and 5th grade artic students. Thanks for another great product!!

September 21, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Thanks so much! You won the giveaway! Email me at speechymusings@gmail.com and I’ll send the product over!

Erica G
    September 18, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Finding engaging sound-specific activities to work on generalization is always a little tricky, but this product looks amazing!

Amy
    September 18, 2016 at 10:17 PM

I am always looking for new things to use with my older students. This is just what I need!

Erin Hart
    September 19, 2016 at 9:43 AM

This looks like a wonderful product for group therapy! I have multiple groups of older elementary students with a spectrum of articulation and language goals. This will be a wonderful time saver and a great way to provide therapy for a diverse group. I look forward to using this product! Thank you. 🙂

Deborah Frasch
    September 19, 2016 at 10:26 AM

This is a great idea! I have several students transitioning from sentence to reading level, so these would be great to incorporate in my sessions!

Annie G.
    September 19, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Wow this looks great! I own your speech and language therapy bundle and use the menus all the time so I’m sure my kids will love the articulation news as well!

Jennifer
    September 19, 2016 at 1:30 PM

This is exactly what I’m looking for at the moment! How does it get any better than that?

Eileen
    September 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM

I LOVE your articulation menus, it is one of my go to’s! This looks just as incredible!

Colette
    September 19, 2016 at 7:19 PM

So true! Mixed groups coupled with carrying over leaned skills are a real struggle in and of itself! Would love your product to help me and my students win this battle!

Lindsay
    September 19, 2016 at 7:48 PM

This looks awesome! It is so hard to find engaging reading material for speech kids that also has tons of targets embedded. Amazing!

Kelly Leis
    September 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM

I love the “newsy” spin on these activities! Makes it super motivating and age-appropriate for my older students. What a great idea for mixed groups /)

Meagan Lawson
    September 19, 2016 at 7:50 PM

This looks great!!

Krista Keleher
    September 19, 2016 at 7:59 PM

This looks AMAZING! You make the most creative and useful TPT materials! I am always looking for more materials for carryover I usually have students read poems or short stories to target artic in reading, but I think they would enjoy this way more!

Rebecca
    September 19, 2016 at 8:21 PM

This looks awesome! Great resource for carryover into the classroom. It would also be great for those that have artic and language goals.

Megan Fitzgerald
    September 19, 2016 at 8:25 PM

I love love love these articles! It’s got artic, language, and reading all in one which is perfect for my kiddos with multiple goals in different areas! Definitely on my wish list!

Natalie Brickner
    September 19, 2016 at 9:03 PM

This product would be perfect!! As a new clinician, I am still trying to build my tool box of resources and this product would be great for groups!

Amy Roberts
    September 19, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I struggle to find fun activities that I can use with mixed groups and this looks perfect!! So engaging!

Stacey Henry
    September 19, 2016 at 11:46 PM

I would love to receive this product, but if I don’t it’s in my shopping cart to purchase! My students could really benefit from these! I love all of your stuff.

kathryn
    September 20, 2016 at 9:26 AM

Love this idea! So creative!

allymarie02
    September 21, 2016 at 12:52 PM

always looking for ideas to motivate older ones for artic and promote carryover