For SLPs

Scheduling That Makes Sense – For SLPs

Scheduling that makes sense? No way! That never happens...but it does now! Check out this video about a scheduling method that just plain makes sense.

Coffee, color coding, and scheduling made easy. If you’re looking for a new way to schedule your students this year, this video is for YOU! Check it out below:

What do you think? I’m in love!

Elsa Bro
    August 17, 2016 at 5:18 PM

I’m visual too and love the color coding! Thanks for the idea to make the schedule on a poster with stickies before making it into a spreadsheet.

August 17, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Glad it was helpful for you! Good luck with scheduling this year!

Min Kusine Maria
    August 17, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Loving the color too.
    Can you perhaps post a picture of how the schedule ended up looking? Total cliff hanger.
    But, Maria

August 17, 2016 at 11:18 PM

I wish I could but it would be so hard to post a picture and hide student names and identifying information and such! I’ve been trying to think of ways to make it work without doing everything twice but I think it just might be too time consuming/tricky! Sorry!

Min Kusine Maria
        August 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Yeah. Can imagine.
        Perhaps just turn all the ones with names over. And leave the rest? (and try not to sneeze) 😀

katie
    August 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM

I need some help! I got some pushback recently from someone in my building for not having my schedule filled every day with either pull-out groups or pushing in. (e.g. She thought I had too much time blocked off for evaluations, paperwork, and observations). Obviously I need time to complete these things each week.. How much time do you allot for prep, conferences, and evaluations?

My district has no guidelines, this is just a building-specific issue! Thank you for your help!

August 19, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Great question!!! I’m moving to a new district this year with GREAT guidelines for caseload and hours like this. First, I should preface by saying that we have an evaluation team in my district that helps quite a bit with evaluations. Each week, we are allotted 3 hours for evaluations, 30 duty-free minutes for lunch/day, 225 minutes of prep time/week, and a minimum of 225 minutes of case management time/week. Hope that helps!

katie
        August 20, 2016 at 1:08 PM

thank you- that is so helpful! 🙂 I think it’s hard for some people to understand and see all the other parts of our role besides doing therapy!

August 20, 2016 at 1:09 PM