For SLPs

HP Instant Ink – An SLPs Best Friend

You guys. I’m one of those weird people that get super excited about office supplies. I recently went on a hunt for a new printer because my super old school black and white one just wasn’t cutting it anymore. I ended up getting a HP OfficeJet Pro 6835 from Costco.

Update: That printer broke in the middle of printing hundreds of pages of wedding invitations. AH. They took it back under warranty and I now have a HP 8710. It’s huge and fast and wonderful.

I bought a pack of ink with my HP printer and immediately fell in love. Later, I found out about the HP Instant Ink program. If you have an eligible printer, this will change your life. If you don’t, INVEST IN ONE. It’s the best thing ever.

How does HP Instant Ink program work? You pay a certain amount per month and then get a certain amount of pages to print. I am on the biggest plan because I’m a printing addict for speech things and planning a DIY wedding. I pay $9.99 a month for 300 pages of printing. My printer is hooked up to wifi so HP can tell when my ink is low! They automatically send ink before I need it.

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 2.34.52 PM

I love this program because I don’t have to worry about printing ink heavy pages (you get an unlimited amount of ink, and are just limited by a number of pages per month). Additionally, I really think it’s cheaper! $9.99 for 300 pages seems like a great deal to me! I print low ink or black and white things at school so I don’t waste those pages on things like that. The last reason I’m obsessed is that I never run out of ink!! They seriously ship it for free before I need it so I have new cartridgesย at the ready all the time.

Some bonuses: you can rollover pages from month to month, there’s no contracts, and you can change your plan up or down anytime!

Below are some printers you can buy off of Amazon that work with this program:

To get a FREE MONTH of HP Instant Ink, use my referral link by clicking here!

Click here to learn more! Let me know what you think if you do it! It’s definitely my most recent obsession!

Kari Fast
    January 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Awesome SLPs who share gems like this are what make the world go ’round. Thank you SO MUCH, from the bottom of my heart and the bottom of my wallet. I’m going to sign up RIGHT. NOW. Even if it means I have to buy a new printer. I’m all in!

January 19, 2016 at 7:59 PM

I hope you love it as much as I do! Your comment made my entire day ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Jenn Bell
    January 19, 2016 at 8:49 PM

I just purchased an OfficeJet Pro 8620 on sale on Black Friday and have been singing its praises ever since! The only downfall…my librarian can’t keep up with all the items I have prepped for her to laminate for me. HP Instant Ink is Ah-mazing!

January 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM

It’s the best, best, best!

Courtnet
    January 19, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Wait, wait, wait… This includes COLORED printing?! If so, I’m in!!

January 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM

YES! That’s ALL I use it for. I do all black and white on my old printer ๐Ÿ™‚

Ashley Rossi
    January 23, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Shannon- Thanks so much!!! This is the information I was looking for. This seems like it will save me ink and time.

lisamaria358
    June 25, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Thank you for sharing! I was debating on getting the Office Jet 8160 (discontinued by HP, but sold on Amazon – 8170 is the next similar model that HP sells) or the Envy 5540. I ended up going with the Envy 5540 ($73 at Best Buy), but would recommend the Office Jet series to anyone who will use the printer a lot. I used your referral code and ended up with an extra free month (plus all of the free months for signing up!) Thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

June 25, 2016 at 11:23 PM

That’s awesome!! Thanks a million for the information. I LOVE my Instant Ink ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrea
      July 13, 2016 at 2:18 PM

Lisa Maria,
      I was planning on trying to get the free months for signing up (through Staples in my case), plus the free 1 month for the referral code. I wasn’t sure what order to do that in though! How did you do it, did you buy the printer, then claim the free referral code first, or did you claim the free months for signing up first? Sorry if that was confusing, I just don’t want to miss out on free months if I can!
      I am seriously sooo excited to get a new printer and start using this.

Tony
    July 29, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Thanks for the code! I hovered over your link and saw the code and added it to my enrollment… hopefully you got something out of it!! It got me a free month ๐Ÿ™‚ I did a random websearch to see if I could find a code to add more months. Yay ๐Ÿ™‚