How many of you love reading SLP related blogs? So much so that you’ve decided to listen, and like ALL of us on Facebook, follow ALL of us on Pinterest, follow ALL of us on Twitter, and subscribe to receive updates from the blog websites themselves? Do you ever feel yourself getting slightly overwhelmed that now, your newsfeed has become 90% SLP posts, and 10% personal posts?
I get it. Since I’ve began blogging I have felt incredibly lucky to be a part of the amazing community of SLP bloggers that exists through social media. But, at times, all of this can become overwhelming, as I’m sure it is for all of you as well!
So here is my proposal… Every two weeks, on a weekend, I will write a blog post titled, “In case you missed it…”. This blog post will consist of links to what I consider the greats of the past 2 weeks: great blog posts, great TpT materials, great links, great apps, great anything SLP related! If I find things I consider ‘oldies but goodies’, I will include those as well! Maybe these posts can even be themed once and a while. 🙂
Why you should read these posts:
1) They will make the chatter during the week easier to manage. If you miss something, you miss it. You can catch it here later.
2) Less pressure to be on Facebook so much, and ‘catch up’ on everything you missed while you were logged out! Go ahead, log off!
3) I really believe that blogging is a great way for us SLPs to stick together and share great ideas. I don’t want to lose that by overwhelming you! So this is a great way to continue to stay informed.
4) By reading this every two weeks, you may find bloggers or sellers that you never have before! We can spread the SLP blogger love around a little.
5) It will lessen the number of ‘shares’ I do on Facebook. I will ‘share’ things I find great on here instead. You may not have to see the same article/freebie/post from as many of us any more!
If that all sounds compelling, READ ON, for the first installment of, “In case you missed it…”
First, I would like to introduce you to the Autism Helper. This week, she posted a great freebie called Logical Leprechauns. It is a St. Patrick’s Day, problem solving packet and I love it. She also has incredibly useful, interesting blog posts so I would go on over and check her page out!
Third, this is a great article from PrAACtical AAC titled Beyond Requesting. It is informative and gives information on a variety of ways to encourage competent AAC users!
Here is a great resource for iPad apps. The blogger behind Panda Speech took the time to compile all of her apps onto one resource. It includes the name, basic info, basic review, and the price for many apps!
Last, Jenna over at Speech Room News started SLP discussion boards. There is some great conversation happening over there, so head on over and ask a question, answer a question, or just read and learn!
Thanks for reading! 🙂
Also, if you’re interested in staying updated on deals, sales, freebies, and giveaways, ‘like’ me on Facebook here.
Do you love all things SLP?
Enter your email below to get the Speechy Musings newsletter. Once you sign up, you'll get a free handout explaining test scores to parents! Woo!